Exclusive Password file, multiple databases

From: April Wells <AWells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:34:34 -0800

Exclusive Password file, multiple databases

Okay, I have been trying Google and Tahiti for 2 days, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to clue in my database.

9.2.0.2 on AIX 5l

I am running multiple databases and am trying to get all of the instances running with remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive.  Most of the databases are running fine, but one insists on looking for the default file name, despite my having provided filename=<filename> parameter to orapwd.  I can't find anything that is supposed to clue it in in this circumstance, and recreating the password file doesn't really so any good either.  Every time I try to start the database using the pfile, it complains about wanting the orapwd file...

All of the other databases are happy enough with what I did.  What am I doing wrong with this one... where do I start looking?

April Wells
Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA
Corporate Systems
Amarillo Texas
  /\
 /   \
/     \
\     /
  \/
     \
     >\<
         \
Few people really enjoy the simple pleasure of flying a kite
Adam Wells age 11

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only; it may also contain proprietary, price sensitive, or legally privileged information. Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, use, or copying of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy all copies.

Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim all liability and will accept no responsibility for damage sustained as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
Author: April Wells
  INET: AWells_at_csedge.com