Re: Database management techniques and frameworks

From: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:09:25 -0800

We have about 20-25 instances here. Nearly all on SUN. I dont touch the ones on windows. I also have development responsibilities, so I dont have time for a checklist.

you need to automate tasks. You cant spend your time reading the alert log. you should poll it and get an email when something pops up. Same with chained rows, tablespace sizes, etc... Write scripts for this and send your self emails.

Have statspack snapshots run daily.

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net