RE: Export table to determine extent of block corruption

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:09:26 -0800

Rhojel - I'm not sure if export gives you enough information. Usually the reason to export is that if you can export, you have a good copy of the data and you can breathe a little easier. But usually export will fail on the first corrupt block. Your corrupt block may be an index block, so export might succeed.
Doing a quick Google search yields
http://www.quest-pipelines.com/newsletter-v4/0103_C.htm <http://www.quest-pipelines.com/newsletter-v4/0103_C.htm> . I haven't read it in detail, so I can't vouch for its accuracy. Metalink is another way to get some good advice for a problem like this. The last time I had this problem I saved Note 34371.1, but that may be obsolete now since it was about 5 years ago. But the horror seems like yesterday. Good luck. Now you've given me nightmares.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com