RE: Reporting database

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:49:26 -0800

With no APPS experience as a DBA I wonder what archive log mode can do for you with all these nologging objects. This does effectively mean that a recovery operation will fail!

I do not know the amount of transactions these objects are involved in, but you might try (and test thouroughly before putting in production) the ALTER DATABASE FORCE LOGGING command, which exactly does what is says. Even truncates will generate logging. Performance penalties are there, of course, it's all a trade-off.

Carel-Jan

Regards, Carel-Jan

Author: Carel-Jan Engel
  INET: cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl