RE: decrease initial extent

From: <Alexander.Feinstein_at_mitchell1.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:09:26 -0800

If you use "keep <int>" it will.

Alex.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:59 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

That will not do anything for the initial extent. You may try with

alter table <table> pray intensely for the desired change;

On 12/03/2003 03:34:25 PM, Alexander.Feinstein_at_mitchell1.com wrote:
> alter table <tbl_name> deallocate unused keep 1;
>
> Alex.

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

command for other information (like subscribing).

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B9E1.7EA49000

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: decrease initial extent</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If you use &quot;keep &lt;int&gt;&quot; it =
will.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Alex.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Mladen Gogala [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:mladen_at_wangtrading.com">mailto:mladen_at_wangtrading.com</A>=
] </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:59 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: decrease initial extent</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>That will not do anything for the initial =
extent.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>You may try with </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>alter table &lt;table&gt; pray intensely for the =
desired change;</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On 12/03/2003 03:34:25 PM, =
Alexander.Feinstein_at_mitchell1.com wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; alter table &lt;tbl_name&gt; deallocate unused =
keep 1;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Alex.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:09 =
AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Is there any way to decrease the initial extent =
allocated to a table. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; It is one of the system tables, so I do not =
want to drop and recreate </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; it. I can not export/import as it appear in =
noexp$. It has long field </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; so I can not do alter table move.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Yechiel Adar</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Mehish</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; --</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.orafaq.net" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.orafaq.net</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Author: Yechiel Adar</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Fat City Network Services&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- =
858-538-5051 <A HREF=3D"http://www.fatcity.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.fatcity.com</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; San Diego, =
California&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Mailing list =
and web hosting services</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; =
from).&nbsp; You may also send </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the HELP command for other information (like =
subscribing).</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mladen Gogala</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Oracle DBA</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Note:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>This message is for the named person's use =
only.&nbsp; It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally =
privileged information.&nbsp; No confidentiality or privilege is waived =
or lost by any mistransmission.&nbsp; If you receive this message in =
error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your =
system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.&nbsp; You =
must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or =
copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. =
Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to =
monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views =
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except =
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to =
state them to be the views of any such entity.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.orafaq.net" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.orafaq.net</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Author: Mladen Gogala</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Fat City Network Services&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- =
858-538-5051 <A HREF=3D"http://www.fatcity.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.fatcity.com</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>San Diego, =
California&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Mailing list =
and web hosting services</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an =
E-Mail message</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of =
'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB =
ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed =
from).&nbsp; You may also send the HELP command for other information =
(like subscribing).</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B9E1.7EA49000--

------=_NextPartTM-000-1e4715ff-b753-4b73-9041-8b000db80620--

  INET: Alexander.Feinstein_at_mitchell1.com