Re: Oracle 9i on Fedora

From: Daniel Hanks <hanksdc_at_about-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:34:24 -0800

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Joe Frohne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running into a problem installing Oracle 9i on Fedora. I get
> the following error when starting the Oracle installer.
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2:
>
> I figured I would ask if anybody has worked through a solution
> before I start pounding away on the same wheel.

I haven't installed Oracle 9i on Fedora, but it appears the installer can't find the shared library indicated. Perhaps this will help:

On my Fedora Core Release 1 laptop, /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 is a symlink that points to /usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so, which is installed by the compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118 package. Make sure you have that installed (should come with Fedora) and see if that fixes the problem.

rpm -q compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118 should tell you whether it's installed or not.

> Thanks much,
>
> --
> Joe Frohne
> Rawson Oaks Consulting, Remote Oracle Admins
> http://www.rawsonoaks.com
> joe_at_rawsonoaks.com or joe_at_frohne.org
> Oak Creek, WI, USA

   Daniel Hanks - Systems/Database Administrator
   About Inc., Web Services Division
Author: Daniel Hanks
  INET: hanksdc_at_about-inc.com