RE: Which storage solution is good or you will recommend

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:09:25 -0800

The high end arrays from EMC and Hitachi, and to a lesser extent NetApp, all have this sort of dial-home functionality. I can't speak for Hitachi (though I've heard good things), but the Symmetrix will dial home for events that seem completely inocuous (a host is rebooted that is attached to the storage, for example), and in many cases a lab tech will dial back into the array to take a look. This could happen many many times a month and is one of the reasons a premium is paid for high-end arrays.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito
GridApp Systems

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Matthew Zito INET: mzito_at_gridapp.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).