RE: Oracle and Active Directory

From: McBain, Neil SITI-ITDIEEE <Neil.McBain_at_shell.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:14:27 -0800

Denham,

I have been looking at OID since the company I am contracted to is also looking at using Active Directory. I tried using OID v2 (Oracle 8i) and it was terrible, I found it to be totally unreliable and very cumbersome to try and administer. OID v3 (Oracle 9i) is better and a few people on this list have stated to only consider using v3 not v2. However I am now confused we had an Oracle Salesman in last week and he stated that Active Directory (AD) replication was not available in OID v3 and he said to wait for Oracle 10G AS Release 9.0.4 which is the first version of OID to include AD integration. I have not had time yet to verify what version does have AD integration.

Looks like you will need Oracle 9i/OID v3 or Oracle 10G AS Release 9.0.4 to allow an AD setup for Oracle 7.3.x.x and 8.1.7.x.x. I will update when I get more time to look into this.

HTH,
Neil.

Author: Denham Eva
  INET: EvaD_at_TFMC.co.za

Author: McBain, Neil SITI-ITDIEEE
  INET: Neil.McBain_at_shell.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 03 2003 - 03:14:27 CST