Re: Which storage solution is good or you will recommend

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:14:26 -0800

If you got one concurrent user reading these files, go with internal IDE disks.
If you got 100000 concurrent users, go with EMC Symmetrix

(You didn't give us any more information to be more exact...)

Btw, in some cases, when you have lot's of data, of which only a little part is used actively, you could go with hierarchical storage systems (HSM), where frequently accessed data is moved to faster disks and rarely used archives perhaps even on tape. (Oh, I forgot that you are storing your stuff in Oracle database... then you'd have to wait until 10g with it's ASM to go somewhat "hierarchical" in sense of storage speed)

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee