Re: RAC and Forms6i

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:39:26 -0800

I've used Apps 11.5.8 on RAC, so I know the 8.0.6 stack will connect just fine to 9.2.0, RAC or no RAC.

For your debugging, you are going to have to work your way into it, starting from the most basic level. Start from "tnsping" then "sqlplus" and work your way up to the Forms and stuff, not the other way around.

Verify TNS listener connectivity via v806 version of "tnsping" first. If that doesn't work, then you have your problem at its most basic. Next, verify database connectivity via v806 version of "sqlplus". If that doesn't work, then again you have your problem at its most basic.

With errors like 12203 (i.e. "no listener found"), you should be able to debug from the "tnsping" and "sqlplus" level. If those work and your forms continue to get these errors, and since these tools and the forms are supposed to use the same SQL*Net stack, then this would best be explained by a forms configuration problem.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com