Oracle Version 8 as read only

From: Browett, Darren <dbrowett_at_coquitlam.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:44:27 -0800

We are in the process of upgrading our peoplesoft app, using an oracle database of
8.0.5 to 9i. During the upgrade we still need access to the old 8.0.5 database as readonly.

I have read all the doc's but it appears I cannot open the database as read only. Looks like
I could if the version was 8i.

Does anybody have any pointers on how I could accomplish this.

Thanks

Darren.

Darren Browett P.Eng This
message was transmitted
Data Administrator using
100% recycled electrons
Information and Communication Technology City of Coquitlam
P:(604)927 - 3614
E:dbrowett_at_coquitlam.ca

Author: Browett, Darren
  INET: dbrowett_at_coquitlam.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 17:44:27 CST