RE: what is oracle rdb?

From: Thater, William <William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:39:31 -0800

Mogens Nørgaard scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

> That's how I came to deliver the first-ever course at Lego in their HQ
> in Denmark (in a town called Billund, but certainly not named after
> The Bill).

yes i'm sure it's not named after me... oh you meant the other bill.;-)

> Oracle has done the right things about Rdb again and again and again
> after taking over the shop from Digital. They kept the bearded,
> bitter, old, twisted, spec-writing folks of the New England
> Development team. They let them get on with what they did best: Write
> new features for Rdb. They borrowed good ideas from them and fed it
> into Oracle. They let them use good Oracle ideas in Rdb. I have
> never, ever, seen any take-over work so well in the IT industry. Ask
> the Rdb customers (Lego, Novo, etc.) and they will tell you they
> still trust Oracle and Rdb. Incredibly well done. Respect.

i wonder why this one worked and the other's haven't? what made this one different? i can't say the Oracle has exhibited this kind of integrity in other places.

> Jesse - was this what you wished for, or did it suck?

well, i don't know about him, but i found it interesting.

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song
Author: Thater, William
  INET: William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com