Re: sql trace - XCTEND rlbk=1, rd_only=1

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:24:26 -0800

Using a slightly modified version of run_stats to return timings in 1/10000 of a second, the timing of 1000 iterations of a loop executing noop vs. 1000 doing rollback:

.0005 secs
.0354 secs

Here are the stats that were different between the two, kind of what you would expect:

LATCH.cache buffers chains                      113        133        20
STAT...redo size                              27160      27648       488
STAT...user rollbacks                             0       1000      1000
LATCH.enqueues                                    0       1001      1001
LATCH.shared pool                                 3       1004      1001
LATCH.session idle bit                            0       1001      1001
STAT...execute count                              3       1004      1001
LATCH.library cache pin                          13       2014      2001
LATCH.session allocation                          0       2002      2002
STAT...recursive calls                            4       2008      2004
LATCH.library cache                              14       3018      3004

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com