RE: Move datafiles, but can't delete them

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:49:25 -0800

Luc,

Its weird. I've seen it both ways. Sometimes, Windows releases the lock and allows you to delete the file, and sometimes it doesn't. Bouncing the database always allows you to do it.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 25 2003 - 07:49:25 CST