Experiences with Oracle and MS .Net data providers

From: Grant Allen <Grant.Allen_at_towersoft.com.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:59:26 -0800

Hi all,

Would really like to hear any feedback regarding anyone comparing these two .Net data providers (or even some of the others out there - Datadirect, etc.).

We're at decision making time, and things like the differences in calling stored procs, returning Ref Cursors, are starting to mean we need to pick one. My gut says go with the Oracle one (keep the technology stack based on the one vendor), but they kludge too many things. (just like in ADO, where they ignored the standard for stored proc calling).

Anyway, any comments about your use, likes and dislikes of either would be much appreciated.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

The contents of this post are my opinions only

      If swallowed seek medical advice

Author: Grant Allen
  INET: Grant.Allen_at_towersoft.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 23:59:26 CST