RE: Email Notification

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:14:25 -0800

Have a look at Metalink note 74269.1 "How to Test an SMTP Mail Gateway From a Command Line Interface" This should help determine if the mail connection works outside of OEM - though this is pretty much covered by the email client working - unless it is doing something fancy.

Then to obtain further debugging information, turn on OMS Tracing as outlined in [NOTE:69522.1] How to Activate Logging and Tracing for EM 2 Components

Is the server Exchange?
If so, there are a few bugs and patches that you might want to investigate - they also contain examples of what the traces might show you See bugs 1180760, 1823589, 1935218 & 2268674

HTH,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au