Re: Oracle 8i installation

From: Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:29:27 -0800

Still you have installation problem? If this is the case delete entry from registry/uninstalled/delete files from program file directory and installed. After that if you still run into the same problem you may try

Go to http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/download-jre-windows.html and download JDK/JRE 1.1.8_008 for Windows.

Install the new JDK/JRE.

After installation copy the ..\bin\symcjit.dll and ..\bin\jvm.dll to your $ ORACLE _HOME\JRE11\bin\ directory.

Let me know whether installation is hanging or ? thx -Seema

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free parking. http://shopping.msn.com
Author: Seema Singh
  INET: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com