Re: Oracle 8i installation

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:29:25 -0800

There is a problem installing oracle 8i on P4 machines.

Copy the installation CD to the hard disk. Search for file named symcjit.DLL and rename to symcjit.old.

Run the installation from the hard disk.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  what do you mean by JIT file??
  how can i solve my problem?

    OOPs - It is JIT file.

    Yechiel Adar
    Mehish

      First I second Mladen recommendation to install 9.2.
      IIRC there is one KIT file on the installation disk that you need to rename for the installation to succeed.
      Also you can use lsnrctl to install the listener service.
      do: lsnrctl start listener and it will install the service for you (if the service does not exist, at least in 9i).

      Yechiel Adar
      Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 09:29:25 CST