RE: Development vs. Production DBA

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:12:13 -0800

LOL -- developers deciding architecture design. Never really involved in implementing anything, all conceptual.

I am what you call a "production DBA", my personal bias on this is that leaving architecture decisions to developers could be a mistake, if you think long term. The Production DBA should be involved, and should have the ability to veto any hair-brained scheme that is proposed.

Patrice.

Author: Todd Boss
  INET: boss_at_i-sphere.com

Author: Boivin, Patrice J