Re: RE: orbitz fiasco

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:25:34 -0800

> we implemented RAC (not me personally --but my predecessors) It did not
> work for us. Oracle RAC does not support TAF for sessions coming through
> dblinks.(Yes verified this with Oracle product development). But that is a
> application architecture issue. If your app does not require this feature,
> I guess you can use RAC to reap the benefits of high availability.

Also, I've heard the XA interfaces such Tuxedo don't work with TAF (even though advertised so), since they go below OCI.

Tanel.

> | To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>                                  |

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Tanel Poder INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).