Error Using generic connectivity

From: Shiva Maran <Shivam_at_talisma.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:30:35 -0800

Hi All,

We are trying to access SQL Server data from oracle database. Am trying to use Oracle Generic connectivity for the same. When I try to access the SQL Server table through the link I get the error

ORA-2854: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent NCRO: Failed to make RSLV connection
ORA-02063: Preceding 2 lines from <TheDBLinkName>

The setup and the configuration that I have done to reach this point: Configuration

        Oracle 9i Server on RH Linux 2.4.20-8
Setup
1. Have installed the odbc driver from openlink software that connects to SQL Server from Linux OS. Have tested the system dsn and it is working fine. 2. Have put in the file initdualperf.ora into the directory $ORACLE_HOME/hs/admin. The contents of this file:

	#  sql_dsn is the name of the system dsn that I have already created
	HD_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = sql_dsn
	HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME = /root/odbc/lib/libodbc.so
	set ODBCINI=/root/odbc/bin/odbc.ini
3. Added the below lines into tnsnames.ora
	# 172.17.16.30 is the IP address of the localhost (linux machine where the database in installed)
	DUALPERF =
	(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = tcp)(HOST = 172.17.16.30)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = dualperf) )
(HS = OK)
) 4. Added the below lines into listener.ora under the section SID_LIST_LISTENERS (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME=dualperf)
(ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0)
(PROGRAM=hsodbc)
(ENVS=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/root/odbc/lib)
) 5. Connected into sqlplus and created the database link as SQL> Create Database link tst connect to "sa" identified by "sa" using 'dualperf'; Database link created. SQL> select * from tblGlobalConfig_at_tst ERROR at line 1: ORA-2854: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent NCRO: Failed to make RSLV connection ORA-02063: Preceding 2 lines from tst

Now am not able to proceed further. have no clue of where to look into for fixing this problem. Any help/suggestions on how i can proceed and anything I can try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
ShivaM

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, save, disclose, distribute, copy, print or relay this e-mail.

Author: Shiva Maran
  INET: Shivam_at_talisma.com