Re: Re: Re: _wait_for_sync , dirty buffer flushing and direct reads in parallel

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:20:51 -0800

The foreground process is affected. Instead of waiting for the LGWR, it will return right away.

Anjo.

> :)
>
> I admit, that I don't know either, which processes are affected by this
parameter.
> If foreground ones are, that should mean that after posting lgwr, they
won't wait on semaphore and continue their work.

> If it affects lgwr, it means that lgwr posts the waiting processes
immediately "back" before writing to disk.

> I'm too lazy now, but it can probably be figured out by tracing semop()
syscalls... or maybe Steve Adams happens to read this post :)

> About "scientific" test results, the results I posted earlier, they were
done exactly on same hardware, with same dataset and from same starting point. Enough scientific for me.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com