Re: _wait_for_sync , dirty buffer flushing and direct reads in parallel query

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:14:59 -0800

_wait_for_sync basically meant that a session is waiting for the sync of the redo by the lgwr. Normally the redo log writer writes to disk and then notifies the session that the transaction is completed. By setting this to false, you no longer wait for the redo to go to disk.

That has no impact on your situation.

Anjo.

Author: Anjo Kolk
  INET: anjo_at_oraperf.com