Re: Local connect to database (default connection)

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:39:53 -0800

Set either ORACLE_SID or LOCAL to your "default" SID in either Windows environment variables or registry.

The general difference between ORACLE_SID and LOCAL is that, with ORACLE_SID you can specify only instances in local server, but with LOCAL you can set any TNS alias (the same as TWO_TASK in Unix)

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee