RE: building a reporting database

From: C.S.Venkata Subramanian <csvenkata_at_lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:59:58 -0800

Hi All,
I have been working with client, where the refresh of the reporting instance is happening every 12 hrs due to business needs. This process is very well defined and the users are very happy. Even the concurrent requests are xfr to new reporting instance. I would take it offline and the process in fully driven by scripts and one good point is that we can continue from the point where it failed. --------- Original Message ---------
DATE: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:59:25
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Cc:

We are working a SharePlex project from Quest. For our purposes (Financials) with heavy adhoc (Cognos) we need to stay as close as possible to the production instance. The advantage to SharePlex is that it is a log miner and hence does not do a lot of sql against the source database. It is near real time. Since this is not an Oracle product perhaps offline would be a better place to discuss it. One disclaimer, we are still in implementation and are not currently in production.

Allan
Author: C.S.Venkata Subramanian
  INET: csvenkata_at_lycos.com