RE: unix question

From: Smith, Ron L. <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:50:12 -0800

The following statement will delete all files older than 5 days:

find . -name 'files_you_want_to_delete*.log' -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \;

To test it, change the name of the file name and change the 'rm' to 'ls'.
It should just list the files older than 5 days. That way you know it is working.

Ron Smith

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net

Author: Bellow, Bambi
  INET: bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited. Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message. Thank you.

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 15:50:12 CST