Re: Multimaster replication as alternative backup

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:05:07 -0800

We are doing exactly that. We use multi master synchronous replication. In case the regular server dies, we drop replication from the backup machine. Change one parameter in the application ini file (what db name to use in connections), start the application again. About 5 minutes turn around time. Use it only if you have high speed connection and the servers are close. It adds about 10% overhead to the application. It depends on the amount of updates vs. selects of the application.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il