RE: LF and CR (chr(10)||chr(13)) problem -- problem solved

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:49:25 -0800

Kitty , it is nice on your part to share the solution with the list.

For future : (On the lines of what Stefan said) May be dd if=inputfile of=outputfile conv=ebcdic/ebcdicb/ibm/ibmb might have
helped. Check with "man dd".

The suggestion given by Raj is worth keeping in mind.

HTH
GovindanK

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:34:25 -0800, "Kitty Luo" <kluo_at_ONLANE.com> said:

> Hi List,
>
> Finally, I used HexCmp and found out the file generated by Oracle PLSQL
> or report writer only contains a CR (chr(13)) even if I had a chr(13) and
> chr(10) in the query.
>
> I re-wrote my export scripts in java, then resulting file is OK.
>
> Thanks to all of you who responded my problem.
>
> Have a great weekend!
>
> Kitty

                          unladen european swallow
Author: GovindanK