RE: Stop using SYS, SYSTEM?

From: Bellow, Bambi <bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:59:32 -0800

At some point, when you first create your database, you're going to have the passwords to sys and system... you created them. After that point, you create a DBA account for DBA1, DBA2... DBAn. Then you change the passwords for sys and system to something obscure. But keep them somewhere because there will be isolated adventures where you need to log into SYS to do something wacky. The same people who demand that auditing be turned on will probably also demand that the obscure passwords change on a regular basis, btw. They're so unreasonable.

HTH,
Bambi.

Author: Cupp Michael E Contr Det 1 AFRL/WSI
  INET: Michael.Cupp_at_wpafb.af.mil