Re: Geometric mean

From: Daniel Hanks <hanksdc_at_about-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:59:24 -0800

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Robson, Peter wrote:

> Has anyone any code (SQL, PL/SQL) that will permit the calculation of the
> geometric mean of 'n' values?
>
> appreciated...
>
> peter
> edinburgh
>

> ps - yes I know Perl will do it, but that is not the answer...

But possibly could be an answer using extproc_perl. But that may or may not be a satisfactory solution, depending on your needs.

I'd be curious (as one new to the list) if anyone else is using extproc_perl? It's been useful for us to provide a regex capability to queries on occasion. Also to allow querying of MySQL databases from Oracle.

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 11:59:24 CST