Re: Multi-threaded server - will it help in this case

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:04:25 -0800

No, thanks for helping bust the myth. Iım always so surprised by the gap between what I thought I said and what I apparently communicated... :-)

Still, it is an interesting distinction. A separate TNS listener certainly isnıt required, but one of the two major scenarios that frequently call for MTS/SS (extremely frequent connect requests) might also benefit from multiple TNS Listeners or even listener load-balancing. I guess that is one reason that server-side listener load-balancing involves MTS/SS in the first place. Imagine that!

Thanks again!

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com