Re: (looong) PCTFREE, PCTUSED and ASSM

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:19:37 -0800

I invalidated the buffer cache for my tablespace, and saw all the scattered reads from start to end, but no sequential reads whatsoever. (9.2.0.4 on W2k)

Tanel.

stobesomeotherreasonaswell.Tanel.-----OriginalMessage-----ToMultiplerecipien tsoflistORACLE-LORACLE-L_at_fatcity.zl6SentWednesday,November12,2003624PMUsingP Q,thesegmentissplitintomultiplesub-segmentsusingrowidrangescan.
> > Since there is no guarantee that the migrated row will be in the same
> > sub-segment that has the pointer to the migrated row, the PQ slave might
> > need to resolve the issue real time.
> >
> > I mean the migrated row might exist in a different range that will be
> > scanned by another PQ slave.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Waleed

Could