RE: Help Interpreting TKProf

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:44:25 -0800

Barb,

What you're really after is called "forward attribution" in the book. You need to see the dbcall that immediately follows each "WAIT nam='SQL*Net message from client'" event in the trace file. This will tell you what database call's execution it was that ended the read().

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 11/19 Sydney, 12/16 Detroit
- SQL Optimization 101: 12/8 Dallas, 2/16 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...

Author: Daniel Fink
  INET: Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM

Author: Cary Millsap