Re: var source_data varchar2(12)

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:04:26 -0800

Maryann,

SOURCE_DATA is a SQL*Plus variable, declared using the VAR (a.k.a. VARIABLE) command. It can be referenced inside the PL/SQL block and then used by SQL*Plus commands (such as PRINT) or SQL commands (such as SELECT) outside of the block.

My guess is that it is being used for communicating data values into or out of the PL/SQL block.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com