RE: Multi-threaded server - will it help in this case

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:59:24 -0800

Thanks John, this is the way I have done it in the past.

Tim, thanks for your clarification. Thought that was more or less what you meant, just wanted didn't want to see any myths started stating that MTS requires its own listener. ;)

Jared

John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 11/11/2003 08:49 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Multi-threaded server - will it help in this case

Jared,

I don't think that is what Tim meant. You can use something akin to the following:

For an MTS connection/client:

MYDB_MTS.MYCOMPANY.COM = (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp) (HOST=MYHOST.MYCOMPANY.COM)(PORT=7505))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=MYSID))) For a dedicated connection/client:

MYDB_DEDICATED.MYCOMPANY.COM = (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp) (HOST=MYHOST.MYCOMPANY.COM)(PORT=7505))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=MYSID)(SERVER=DEDI CATED))) The only difference is in the TNS handles and the entry they point to which
differs in content. The SERVER=DEDICATED will bypass the MTS configured default connection.

You can do this via ONAMES too (and I know you use one!) - see Note:1036577.6. Btw, I am currently in the UK helping with a Name Server rollout..

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!