RE: Multi-threaded server - will it help in this case

From: Thater, William <William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:54:31 -0800

Jared Still scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

> Tim,
>
> This bit:
>

>> accomodate this application.  Please be aware that you can
>> mix dedicated and MTS by setting up different TNS names on
>> different ports for each, so it is not an all-or-nothing

> seems to imply that MTS and Dedicated will each require their
> own listener ( different ports). Been awhile since I messed
> with MTS, but I don't recall that as being necessary.
>
> Is that what you meant?
>
> Jared

well, the last MTS set up i had running on 8i didn't. i had one port and we had both dedicated and MTS running concurrently. maybe it's something new in 9? or maybe it's a new best practice?

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song
Author: Thater, William
  INET: William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com