RE: for years I have been using korn shell

From: Norris, Gregory T [ITS] <gregory.t.norris_at_mail.sprint.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:04:32 -0800

Here's a snippit from my ~/.kshrc, which kinda-sorta approximates bash's default behavior. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to bind TAB for filename completion in ksh88. :-( Apparently ksh93 can handle this, but it isn't available on any of the servers I support.

	set -o emacs
	alias __A=`echo "\020"`     # up arrow = ^p = back a command
	alias __B=`echo "\016"`     # down arrow = ^n = down a command
	alias __C=`echo "\006"`     # right arrow = ^f = forward a character
	alias __D=`echo "\002"`     # left arrow = ^b = back a character
	alias __H=`echo "\001"`     # home = ^a = start of line
	alias __Y=`echo "\005"`     # end = ^e = end of line

Author: Norris, Gregory T [ITS]
  INET: gregory.t.norris_at_mail.sprint.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 11 2003 - 08:04:32 CST