Re: IMP using the same DMP file

From: GKatteri <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:49:24 -0800

If the data volume is large, better import into one of the instances, and use TTS to copy the datafiles to the other instance. That way only one import will be taking place at a time and might result in significant improvement in import time.

As Tanel suggested, you can build indexs in nologging and parallel mode. I find SORT_AREA_SIZE beneficial.

HTH
GovindanK

Author: GKatteri
  INET: gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm