RE: Re: Migration

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 06:54:40 -0800

It raises an interesting question. As of today, we have datafiles which are OS dependent and _not_ binary compatible from one system to another. We upgrade to 10g and it will become magically binary compatible. Which means that the upgrade process will do more intimate things than updating some file header block, creating a couple of new tables in the data dictionary and recreating view.

Has anybody tried to upgrade from 9.x to 10g yet, on some database of decent size ?

SF

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com