Re: Howto drop a corrupt database ?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:34:25 -0800

I've never tried (actually I'm not even in beta program currently), but it works only on exclusively mounted and not open database, and with restricted session instance mode. During drop, controlfiles are scanned for datafile locations and the datafiles found from there are deleted from OS. So, if the files are deletable in principle (on RW media and with correct permissions) the drop will succeed, how corrupt the data inside a datafile is, doesn't matter at all.

Drop database, will also delete redologs, controlfiles and spfile. Dont remember about passwordfile, here we might have an exception, because sometimes a single passwordfile is used for several instances in a server.

Tanel.

  How will that drop corrupt datafiles? Did you already try that?

  Carel-Jan

  At 13:19 9-11-03 -0800, you wrote:

    Just for the record, in 10g you actually can use drop database command ;)

    Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Nov 09 2003 - 17:34:25 CST