Re: Getting Number of Rows in CTAS across DBLink

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:44:25 -0800

Arup

Frankly speaking I have no idea but give a try to v$sql / v$sqlarea and see rows_processed...

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:34:25 -0800

List,

When I create a table as select * from another table across a dblink, how do I find out how many rows were created in the table? Is there a statistic somewhere, documented or otherwise, that tells me how many rows were fetched?

Currently I am using a rather convoluted approach - using the statistic, bytes received via SQL*Net to dblink, and dividing that by the average row size to get an approximate idea of the number of rows. However, this approximation is far from even reasonably accurate; and since the rowsize can change radically, it can be way off the mark. Any help or pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Arup Nanda

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Author: M Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 07 2003 - 14:44:25 CST