RE: Uncle Larry, wake up!!!

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:09:26 -0800

While I agree that the older machines and 3GL technologies *ran* faster, it took 8 times longer to develop a simple report. a thousand lines of cobol code to produce a simple list. and wait for a change request. another week to figure out what the other programmer did, make a minor change, test it and return it to the user. all the while, they are scratching their head saying "what the frig is taking so long?".

No way. we are in a much better position now.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com