file sizes over 32GB

From: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:30:08 -0800

One of the guys here did some research and found that files over 32GB can cause data dictionary corruption. anyone have problems with this? we are using an automated transportable tablespace process with alot of logic and between many instances and servers.

we would prefer not to complicate the logic by having to introduce additional tablespaces to transport(cant do multiple datafiles in one tablespace because the datafiles need to be atomic to be transported).

so anyone use datafiles larger than 32GBs. What happened? I know most of you dont, but we are in a unique situation.

Author: <ryan_oracle_at_cox.net
  INET: ryan_oracle_at_cox.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 07 2003 - 07:30:08 CST