Re: export with query date field

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:54:41 -0800

As Raj already stated, a trunc will help.

Personally, I don't like implicit date conversions. eg. use to_date() to ensure
that the date format you are using will work.

HTH Jared

"Ehresmann, David" <David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 11/06/2003 01:54 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        export with query date field

List,

I am trying to do an export query with a date field. I have tired different
syntax. I know there are 500+ records with a date of 11/06/2003 in this table. What is wrong with my query since it returns no records? I have done this with character fields with no problem. What am I missing in the date syntax?

$exp user/pwd file=test.dmp log=test.log tables=processing_messages

             query=\"where message_date=to_date\(\'11/06/2003\'\, \'MM/DD/YYYY\'\)\" example output:

Export: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Thu Nov 6 15:30:21 2003

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set

About to export specified tables via Conventional Path ... . . exporting table PROCESSING_MESSAGES 0 rows exported
Export terminated successfully without warnings.

thanks,

David Ehresmann

Author: Ehresmann, David
  INET: David.Ehresmann_at_ps.net

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 16:54:41 CST