Re: ORA-911 during DBD::Oracle prepare

From: Quintin, Richard <rquintin_at_vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:39:34 -0800

Don't you want SELECT machine, program, SYS_CONTEXT(?, ?), SYS_CONTEXT(?, ?)... DBI uses positional binds as opposed to named binds.

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 16:29, Jesse, Rich wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to get a simple query running in Perl 5.6.1, DBI 1.30,
> DBD::Oracle 1.14, Oracle 8.1.7 on HPUX 11.0 talking to a 9.2.0.4 RAC DB on
> Linux (whew!). Here's the pertinent part of the code:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> use strict;
> use DBI;
> use DBD::Oracle qw(:ora_types);
>
> my ($dbh, $sth);
>
> $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:mysid","myuser","mypass");
>
> $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{
> SELECT machine, program, SYS_CONTEXT(:userenv, :ipaddress),
> SYS_CONTEXT(:userenv, :osuser)
> FROM v$session VS;
> });
>
> At this point, I get an "ORA-911: invalid character" on the prepare. I
> thought perhaps the "$" was hosing me in "v$session", so I tried escaping it
> to "v\$session" (along with the underscores and parens) and using "qq"
> instead of "q", but to no avail.
>
> I knew I shouldn't have unsub'd from the DBI mailing list...
>
> Anyone?
> TIA,
> Rich
>
> Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
> rjesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA
Richard Quintin, DBA
Information Systems & Computing, DBMS
Virginia Tech

--
"If you would stand well with a great mind, leave him with a favorable
impression of yourself; if with a little mind, leave him with a
Author: Quintin, Richard
  INET: rquintin_at_vt.edu