RE: SQL*Plus errors... how to hide?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:54:25 -0800

Catch the error in an exception clause and ignore it.

SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL> run
  1 declare
  2 x number ;
  3 begin
  4 x := to_number ('123^') ;
  5 exception

  6     when value_error
  7     then
  8        dbms_output.put_line ('Bad Number') ;
  9     when others
 10     then
 11        raise ;

 12* end ;
Bad Number
Procedura PL/SQL completata correttamente.

Author: Jacques Kilchoer
  INET: Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com