Re: partitioning in an NAS or SAN environment

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:39:26 -0800

At the site of one of my customers, in a not too big (100GB) database environment, using NAS over NFS on RS/6000 with AIX gave us far from enough throughput. It turned out that much more mountpoints (20 i.s.o. 2) were necessary to get a more-or-less satisfactory throughput.

At 10:54 6-11-03 -0800, you wrote:
>most of the oracle docs state that when you partition a table you will get
>the most performance benefits by splitting the datafiles for each
>partition onto seperate storage devices.
>
>Im on an NAS and all I see are logical mount points. What are your
>recommendations for this?

DBA!ert, Independent Oracle Consultancy
Kastanjelaan 61C
2743 BX Waddinxveen