RE: Re[2]: ORDER -- was Re[2]: Sequences in OPS/RAC

From: Lord David <DLord_at_ironmountain.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 07:14:33 -0800

How about removing any holes via some sort of batch process, ie: Insert into staging tables using any old sequence, don't worry about gaps. Then, periodically upload this to the main tables using either a sequence or a local pl/sql counter. I can think of a number of variations on this theme.

Regards
Daid Lord

     If they have come to you in error you must take no
     action based on them, nor must you copy or show
     them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and
     highlight the error.

     Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
     knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure
     communications medium. We advise that you
     understand and observe this lack of security when
     e-mailing us. Steps have been taken to ensure this
     e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, but
     advise the recipient to ensure they are actually virus
     free.

     The views, opinions and judgments expressed in this
     message are solely those of the author. The message
     contents have not been reviewed or approved by Iron
     Mountain.

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 09:14:33 CST