RE: SQL*Plus question - a bit urgent - Can we suppress 'Connected

From: Charu Joshi <joshic_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:39:25 -0800

<Snip from my earlier mail>
-- I don't know if a return value can be gathered in a

Sorry, Stephen had already mentioned one other way:

<Stephen's code>

} | while read DOINK LINE; do

	if [ "$DOINK" = "DOINK" ]; then
		DBNAME="$LINE"  # << Will do.

</Stephen'Code>

I take back that statement of mine. Gotta take Unix lessons.

Thanks & regards,
Charu.

Author: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com
  INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051
http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting
services
may
also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

Disclaimer

Author: Charu Joshi INET: joshic_at_mahindrabt.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).