Re: redhat/oracle

From: Brian Haas <bhaas_at_musiciansfriend.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:04:25 -0800

Orr, Steve wrote:
> Ditto. (But what about OS X? :)

I keep asking my boss for a powerbookG4, but he won't bite for some reason ;). I keep telling him I "need" one to "test" the development version of Oracle on OSX.

> I use the Ximian Evolution interface to MS Exchange. The problems are:
> MS Outlook rules are only processed when the Outlook client is running;
> getting calendars; and company distribution lists in Evolution. Because
> of this I'm still using the laptop just for MS Outlook. I think there's
> a way to get it to work but haven't gotten to it yet since the
> futz-factor quotient is up with all this stuff and I have real work that
> keeps interrupting me. :-)

Fortunately(depending on your opinion), we don't use exchange. We may be moving to Oracle collab suite next year to replace our antiquated(read: 5 year old) group ware solution.

-Brian

Author: Brian Haas
  INET: bhaas_at_musiciansfriend.com